Martin Luther King Day of Service
“Bridge the Gap Between the Housed and Homeless”
Virtual Education and Service Event
Sponsored by Bridges Outreach and Central Presbyterian Church
Monday, January 18th. 10:00am – 10:45am
Bridges and CPC are teaming up to host a virtual education and
service event in support of vulnerable friends in our local community.
There will be speakers and activities appropriate for all ages,
including brief advocacy training for middle and high school
Join Zoom event at:
If you plan on doing the service projects, please have supplies at home for one or more of the following:
- Bag Decorating:
- paper bag(s), crayons, markers and any paper decorating supplies.
- Card Making:
- unlined paper, crayons, markers and any paper decorating supplies.
- Writing your representatives:
- Fresh Lunch Making:
- 1 lb sandwich meat (no pork/ham), 1 loaf of soft sandwich bread, sliced cheese (optional), cheese stick or squeezable yogurt, fruit/cereal bar, 8oz water or juice box, and a napkin. Drop-Off location forthcoming.
- Sandwiches should be made wearing gloves, packed individually in ziploc bags, and refrigerated separately from the bagged lunch.
- Check out a video of our amazing volunteer, Lucy M., on the best way to pack bagged lunches.
There will be many programs and activities throughout Summit:
Thanks to all who celebrate the spirit of Dr. King on this day and throughout the year!