WE ARE ACCEPTING FRESH AND SUSTAINABLE LUNCHES. PLEASE WASH HANDS AND WEAR SURGICAL GLOVES WHEN PREPARING LUNCHES. LUNCHES CAN BE DROPPED OFF MONDAY THROUGH THURSDAY FROM 9AM – 2PM. WE ARE NOT ACCEPTING LUNCHES ON FRIDAYS. PLEASE CALL OUR OFFICE AT 908-273-0176 TO ARRANGE A DROP OFF.
MAKE LUNCHES FOR BRIDGES RUNS
Bridges delivers more than 65,000 brown bag lunches every year. You can help provide meals by holding a lunch-making party with your friends, neighbors, colleagues or service organization. It’s fun, meaningful and rewarding, and builds camaraderie among friends. You can either provide fresh brown bag lunches or sustainable brown bag lunches. Sustainable lunches have a longer shelf life. They also give you the flexibility of making the lunches at your convenience and delivering them on any regular donation day. They give us the ability to supplement fresh lunches when we are in need.
Pack a meal that can be saved for later without risk of spoiling.
Tuna or chicken salad packages with crackers can be purchased in advance from Bridges for $1.25 each, or you may find them on your own, although they will likely be more expensive.
Please call our office at (908) 273-0176, if you are interested in making fresh lunches to confirm if we can accept them.
Guidelines for making fresh brown bag lunches
- Please do NOT put sandwiches in the brown bag lunches – keep separate.
- Keep sandwiches refrigerated until delivery.
- Wash hands and use surgical gloves.
- Approximately one pound of meat makes six to eight sandwiches. Please do not use pork/ham products in sandwiches.
- Note that loaves of bread vary in size; count the slices!
- Call a grocery store a day or two ahead to order sliced meat.
- Warehouse stores are a good place to buy meat, fruit, drinks, and treats.
- Include mayo and mustard packets, if possible.
- Meat only (no condiments, lettuce or tomatoes)
- Wrap sandwiches in zip lock bags.
- Many of our friends have dental problems; please purchase soft fruit (no apples, please.)
- Although not as healthy, fruit cups are an alternative to fresh fruit – please remember spoons and napkins.
Contact email@example.com with any questions.